Wednesday, 6 November 2013

015. More WIP Mordheim Heroes...

A quick update on where I am at - unfortunately not as big a leap forward as I'd hoped.  

I picked out the heroes based on feedback from my group that in game terms I'd be best off starting to use them first to generate as much loot as early as possible rather than pad out the Warband with more scrubs but have fewer opportunities to pick up loot.
El Capitain - Rodrick Rubenstein
I went back in and tidied up the skin tones, placed the odd eyeball and dotted the occasional iris (I got a new Rafael brush from Secret Weapon many months ago and tried it out for the first time with these - it is definitely a superior performer compared to my old GW brushes - applying the eyes was so much easier), and coloured the hair.
His Champions - Uncle Boris and brother Jory
I had intended to mix up the hair colour but ended up with 4 of the 5 having the same gingery hair - so I've woven this into my burgeoning back story to reflect those 4 being relations - the hoary old campaigning father (Captain), his uncle and brother (Champions) and son (young blood).  The other chap I have started calling the Spaniard (that'll have to change to the Estalian or whatever the Old World version of Spain is meant to be) as he is quite gaunt and took on a lighter hue of skin tone and some shifty feline type eyes - I'm imagining him with darker hair, being the silent and deadly type.
The Youngbloods - the Spaniard and young Luthor
I also went in and worked on all the leather work, and then cut back in all the black and tidied the base edge.  I like to do this to set myself up with a clean palette for the next stages (clothing and metallics) so I can start trying to see in my mind what I want to end up as.
Family portrait
This weeks been a wash out with work and home duties taking up a lot of time and leaving me pretty flat - the last two nights I've bombed out on the settee watching movies with the missus after we put bubs down.
The scrubs patiently waiting their turn
Hoping to make a start at the next steps which will be anything that is not garment or armour - so all the little trinkets, weapons and doo dads.  I'm looking to get that done by the end of the weekend.

That's another post down - cheers all,

Muppet

4 comments:

  1. Bloody love it, some cracking names there too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! (Damn my blogroll, I still seem to be missing these posts, sorry!) These are incredible mate, that's Eavy Metal standard work easily. I've struggled with faces in the past - if you're ever stuck for something to post a tutorial would help the mere mortals like me...

    Thanks for sharing, a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - not quite that good yet Col. though my skin tones have come a way since I started painting as a lad. I dont paint often enough or in long enough bouts to really be much better than higher than average gaming standard if I'm honest, and even that takes a lot of patience which I don't have lots of.

      When I do some of the plebes or the Slayer I;ll be sure to take some more detailed WIP shots and post them up for you.

      Delete