Wednesday, 19 March 2014

029. Hard as nails - INQ28 henchman...

A very quick post.  I knocked out a final henchman for my budding INQ28/Necromunda warband I have been cobbling together.  I went deep into my bits tubs and pulled out parts from the Empire Knights, Space Marine Scouts, Vanguard Veterans and Tactical frames, as well as the Imperial Guard range.
He's been there and done that once or twice
I had to build up the base slightly to accommodate the sniper rifle which adds height to an already bulkier model than the rest of the lads I've cobbled together.  I'm going to suggest this guy is a hard bitten Bounty Hunter/Henchman who has joined the Inquisitor as a paid gun - a la Harlon Nayl from the Eisenhorn/Ravenor worlds.

The only other bits mash I wouldn't mind trying is a Squat and maybe a True Scale Marine.  I remember reading the Inquisitor War books from the 90's with the Squat Grimm and the Space Marine Captain Lexandro of Ian Watson Space Marine fame being part of the warband.  I'll need to find someone with some dwarf bits to spare...

Painting has commenced on this warband, with some colour being laid down on the FW Enforcer.  Hopefully I'll have something more to show later this week.

Cheers all,

Muppet

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome mix of bits! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Col. I'll bring them in the case to show them off

      Delete
  2. Sheer genius. Looking forward eagerly to seeing the painted versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colonel. I need to clear off my Tactical Squad but then it will be straight onto these guys I think.

      Delete
  3. "Nails" indeed: nice work, mate!

    ReplyDelete