Monday, 19 May 2014

041. Couple of weeks break...

I got sick of looking at the same old post when I open my blog on the bus to and from work (when I do my blog reading) so am posting a filler post.

Since the game with the lads, I've been on a bit of hobby slump.  I wanted to finish my 4 Orks I didn't quite get to tidy off before the game, but instead I have been watching Stargate re-runs and spending more time with the kid.

She's going to be one in a couple of weeks - the time has really flown by.  Looking back over the last year it's amazing how far a person progresses in such a short time.  She's gone from being a tiny thing who if I'm honest was a bit of a wrinkly mess, that would simply lay around sleeping most of the time, to a very inquisitive (future career or army choice there) little stomper who tonight took her first upright steps towards walking.  She babbles at me now when we play and follows me around watching everything I am doing.

She's a canny little thing which I guess most near one year olds are - as a first time parent I wasn't prepared for the joys and trials of parenthood, but I wouldn't trade what I have for the world.

With work looking sketchy (government jobs aren't too secure here in Australia at the moment), but remaining very busy (requiring me to travel a  fair bit - off interstate again tomorrow) I'm taking all the opportunities I can to play with the little one which means no hobby.  By the time she settles into sleep I'm generally knackered.  Rather than push myself to do something hobby wise I've decided I'm taking a break.  No active hobby for me for a couple of weeks I think; give myself some time to recharge and come back fresh.

Cheers all,

Liam

3 comments:

  1. No problemo, dude. I will be waiting for you to resurface when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best decision there is. Remember, they're only this age once. Our eldest is now four-and-a-half, and I've absolutely no fracking idea how, or where the time has gone!

    Oh, and don't forget to measure her height on her birthday. It's a cliché, but you'll kick yourself if you don't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers gents.

    And top idea Drax on the height thing. Will advise the missus.

    ReplyDelete