Monday, 11 May 2015

066. WIP continues...

In the interests of trying to maintain (get back to) posting once a week as a minimum, I present the current state of the Koptas.  Slight touch ups to the metals and final go over the verdigris with a whiter wash on certain spots, as well as the plain white areas blocked in and shaded (namely the odd rocket head, the sculpted dags on the chappie on the right, the front lower jaw base plate on the middle one and the ends of the rotors on the left one.
Slow WIP on the Koptas
Tonight after I click publish on this post I'll be sitting down to block in the damaged red paint job.  I'm on baby duty now the missus has returned to work part time and I'm currently waiting for her to drop off to sleep while being treated to a gibberish rendition of 'Let it Go' from Frozen.  I don't like painting while she hasn't settled as I end up wasting paint while I go back and forth trying to get her to sleep.  That's not such a problem while you're typing up a blog post.
In other news, last Friday night young Ray hosted us for a board game catchup which is now a semi irregular thing we do as its easier to grab a few hours on a Friday night than it is to grab a full or half day on a weekend in which to game.

This time out we instead of replaying Flash Point (a cool little firefighter game) or Last Night on Earth (a cool Walking Deadesque [though its older by far than the TV show] zombie horror game) we played a round of Monsters Menace America (where I got absolutely drubbed as not-King Kong) and then a round of Killer Bunnies the card game (which I surprisingly won after nearly going homicidal in the early game after Ray killed one too many of my Bunnies).  Both games were a right laugh, helped along by the good company, plentiful snacks and cider.
Monsters Menace America
Killer Bunnies
That's it for this week - next week should have some more substantial progress on the Kopta front.

POST PUBLISH EDIT:  Red base coat down ready for metal chipping then red highlights!!!
Red base coat down and a few more white spot colours.

Cheers all,

Muppet

6 comments:

  1. Looking superb as ever. Apologies for the absence, I'm back now. I really like the look of them, you'll have to do a tutorial on metal chipping for us mortals one day, I'm painting a Baneblade up for a friend and the whole metal-paint-sponge effect just isn't doing it for me. Looking forward to catching up properly with the last few posts mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello good Col. - great to see you back in the blogverse.

      The metallics/chipping isnt that complex at all. I'll be sure to run through it on my next post.

      Thanks for stopping by - great to see your name pop up this morning!

      Delete
  2. These look absolutely fantastic, love all of those metal weathering effects. And a few board games are always good, I think we need to get a few more of those going here - Last Night on Earth is great but not heard of Monsters Menace America, will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kieran, Ray (Col. Ackland) has a great collection of boardgames for us to play which has been a lot of fun. My favourite has been the fire fighting game Flash Point.

      Delete